Depending on the purpose for which you are providing your personal data, for the purpose of the Data Protection Act (the ‘Act’), the data controller (or entity responsible for the data collected) will be us. Within the context of this policy ‘we’ means BallroomBees Limited.
Data we may collect from you
We collect information from you when you enquire on our site, or via email, or via the phone, or in person, or fill out a form.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. If you send us personal information which identifies you via email, we may keep your email and email address.
- Details of your visits to the Websites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- We also install closed circuit television (“CCTV”) in public areas of our premises primarily for general security purposes to protect the safety of customers and the staff, business assets, intellectual property or other proprietary rights.
How we use your data
We use personal information held about you in the following ways:
- To send weekly newsletters
- To improve our Website
- To protect the safety of individuals and properties
Disclosure of your data
The email address will be used to send you our weekly newsletters, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, etc.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, please let us know and we will take you out of our distribution list.
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent.
We will never sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information for marketing.
We may disclose the CCTV records to third parties including regulatory authorities and law enforcement agencies where it is necessary in order to respond to any legal processes or to investigate any incidents or complaints, etc.
Where we store your data
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
If you wish to change your mailing preferences or opt-out of specific marketing communications sent from BallroomBees, you may notify us via our Contact us form. Alternatively, you may contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. It may take up to 14 days for the changes to come into effect.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access data information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee (as amended from time to time) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
If you would like to request a copy of your personal data under the Act or have any other related queries, please email email@example.com
The CCTV records cannot be accessed unless access is granted by regulatory authorities or authorized personnel only.
We will take reasonable steps to create an accurate record of any personal data you have submitted. However, we do not assume responsibility for confirming the ongoing accuracy of your personal data. You can update your personal data by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note that it may take up to 14 days for the changes to come into effect.
Cookies are files sent by web servers to web browsers, and stored by the web browsers.
The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables a web server to identify and track web browsers.
There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date.
Cookies on our website
BallroomBees Limited uses the following cookies on this website, for the following purposes:
- Google Analytics